- Group multi-day classes have been indefinitely suspended.
- Custom private classes for one or two individuals can be booked at a mutually agreed on schedule for two or more days. call 530-263-6602 or email Bill firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options.
- I further anticipate offering a series of one day topic specific intensive classes for beginners and intermediate turners. The listing of these will be published here within the next couple of months. Check back frequently.
- Bill has been engaged in woodturning and fine woodwork as an avocation for 55 years. In the last 15 years after retirement he has been deeply engaged in learning, expanding his range and pursuing personal excellence in woodturning. As a sidebar, responding to significant interest in woodturning he has been providing instruction in woodturning for the last fifteen years by giving live and virtual demonstrations, by offering classes and providing tutoring. At present somewhere over 250 individuals have been students at his shop.
- The venue is Bill's professional studio workshop. It is not a cut and paste classroom, rather to paraphrase Bogie.... it's the place where dreams come alive. At least with regard to artful exploration of the gorgeousness of wood married up with one's personal vision and skill.
- The shop is equipped with five highest quality professional lathes, two bandsaws, a sharpening setup and drill press. Along with over 250 woodturning accessories and hand guided turning tools.
- Students are provided with a dedicated lathe, all needed tools and all basic wood blanks to be able to proceed at their own rate.
- Bill teaches in a gentle and encouraging way. There are almost no mistakes in woodturning ... sometimes of course there are unexpected events that provide opportunity for redesign. In point of purpose --- that's what woodturning is about ... learning to respect what the wood is willing to share with you, and learning from mistakes.
- Private sessions are customized to the individual's starting point, for beginners, intermediate or advanced. Sessions then are further shaped to the desires and interest of the individual.
- A fair number of my prior students have found that after sometime with woodturning, and less than hoped for outcomes and disappointments, a "restart" would be good. Broadly that has been a great step forward to most.
- Fundamentals and tool control are 80% of the game. Success without having gained competence in those elements is unlikely.
- All can anticipate leaving well grounded in sound basics, having had a good time, and with several completed projects.
Private customized classes for one or two persons can be scheduled for two to four days duration. Suitable for beginners, intermediate, or experienced turners seeking to learn an additional aspect of turning. Nearly all aspects of turning are potential subjects.
Contact Bill by phone at 530/263-6602 or email email@example.com to discuss options.